Friday, April 20, 2012

Bulova 16AC/6497 Pocket to Wrist Watch Conversion Part 1.2 (Update: Completed)

I have the Bulova running well and the new distressed dial completed, which was inspired by original Panerai watches and their dials aging through the war. Below the movement you can see the embossed SWC stamp on the paper below!
I plan to case this in a 44mm pilot style case in the very near future

UPDATE 4/23/2012 I did get to case this movement in a 44mm pilot case as planned, here is a pic of the distressed dial below glass;

back;
It is a smooth running movement that deviated 1 min in two days and has a power reserve of ~40 hours on a full wind of the mainspring. Awaiting leather strap to officially complete this build.

UPDATE 4/26/2012 I finished the build officially with a brown leather strap, guess you can call the pattern tortoise shell? I will be posting pics later today under a different post, I was recently asked if the watches I make has any sort of packaging and yes, yes they do. Be on a look out for the post later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment