Thursday, July 5, 2012

So I'm thinking blues harmonica next

I have been playing in a band with my friends and the project is along the lines of 50's 60's rock (but not that hippie non sense) and rockabilly type material and it has inspired me to pick up the harmonica. In Japanese primary schools, harmonica is one of the first instruments that you are introduced to and I used to be able to sort of play it when I was a wee lad, and in my adult life finally find harmonica 'cool' again (bow ties are cool...)

The vocalist for said project (for which we do not have a name yet), Vadim Akimenko jams on the blues harp in a tune and we recently were writing/rehearsing and I considered a moment on the harp and this is where it all started. So days later I hop onto Amazon and order this set of three harps to start, the price seemed appealing and being a prime member, pulled the trigger on the order and here I sit, eagerly awaiting their arrival.

If any of you reading this has any suggestions on where to start to teach myself how to play harmonica, I'm all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment