Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hamilton 917 wrist watch conversion near complete

I just received the stems for a ETA/Unitas 6497/8 today, it is the final part to complete my first watch build! The Hamilton 917 movement is fitted to the case and all internal case parts are fitted to the movement, strap was an awesome find on ebay....see for your self.





As you can see in the pictures, that is the original stem and crown for the Hamilton 917 which does not fit the case, it is there for fitting purposes only.

I ordered the stems along with a couple of other things from Otto Frei to make the shipping worthwhile, the stems will need to be cut and filed to fit as they are purposefully over sized (too long) for this purpose.



I have been running the watch for the last couple of days and it has been keeping time well, have been wearing it while doing various things ranging from typing this blog to playing XBOX Kinect Adventures, all with successful results. I hope to be getting to fitting the stem and complete my prototype soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment